Wednesday, April 2, 2008

29 x 365 Christian

Sometimes I need to be hit over the head. We got separated at the same time and you moved in around the corner. Your charming little daughter thinks my son is lovely (which he clearly is). They are adorable together. When you were still married it was you, and not your wife, who took all the kids out. In the world of play dates this makes you amazing (a sad commentary about how little we have moved ahead) - like the Prom King in that movie. I thought you looked handy and it has recently come to my attention that you are, in fact, a plumber. Tonight you called and asked if I could look after your daughter for a few hours. I feel a reciprocity agreement in the drafting. Or at least the possibility of a homey little mutually beneficial arrangement brewing.

No comments: